Manor Independent School District is looking for a Veterinary Assistant Instructor for a new program to be located at the brand new Manor Senior High School.
Who are we?
MISD is a learning community that is committed to the success of students and staff. We are a fast-growth school district bordering Austin, Texas. MISD is a place where employees find purpose, do worthwhile work, and make a difference every day.
We provide the following to ensure our teachers achieve success:
● Small class sizes. The Veterinary Assistant classes will average 12-15 11th and 12th grade students.
● Ongoing quality professional development
● Access to a variety of resources from both MISD and Austin Community College
● Leadership willing to serve and support employees
● Innovative calendar to enrich teaching and learning that includes a Fall Break in October for teachers who meet professional development guidelines!
● Competitive compensation and employee benefits structure
● Stellar teacher induction program for new teachers to the profession
● Small-town community charm with 9,000 students and approximately 600 teachers
Who are you?
● Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT) who is seeking to help prepare the next generation of veterinary medical professionals
● Certified high school teacher or ready to start work while you seek certification
● Interested in working a 10-month contract (187 days) with summers, Fall Break, Thanksgiving Break, Holiday Break, and Spring Break off
● Seeking a starting annual salary of $46,000 or more based on experience in education or in the field of Veterinary Medicine
● Interested in helping to start a brand new program with a new custom-built lab
● Eager to partner with Austin Community College to prepare students for their Veterinary Assistant certification
For questions, please use the contact information below: Barry Bacom Director Career & Technical Education and Innovative Programs Manor Independent School District (512) 278-4750 firstname.lastname@example.org