Heart of Texas Veterinary Specialty & Emergency Center is now hiring an overnight Emergency Veterinary Technician to join their AMAZING team!
The right candidate:
- is proficient in inpatient and outpatient care
- is knowledgeable about emergency, surgical, and laboratory techniques
- remains calm during stressful situations
- can empathize, prioritize, multitask
- has excellent time management skills
- has strong communication skills
Why work at Heart of Texas Veterinary Specialty & Emergency Center?
- We practice the best evidence based veterinary medicine offering a variety of services to our patients and their owners
- We believe our team is our most valuable asset and value every team member
- We pride ourselves on creating an emotionally intelligent work environment
- We promote a positive work/life balance
- We offer an incredible benefits package for you and your pets
- At least 3 years recent experience in veterinary practice environment with increasing responsibilities.
- Ability to perform routine veterinary medical procedures (e.g. place IV catheters, intubate, phlebotomy, collect samples, knowledge and use of routine veterinary equipment and administer injections) as well as properly restrain patients.
- Knowledge of spelling and meaning of commonly used veterinary medical terminology and procedures.
- Ability to calculate fluid rates, drug dosages and CRIs.
- Veterinary Technician licensure is preferred but not required
- Emergency experience is preferred but not required
If you are passionate about pets and providing exemplary veterinary medicine, we want you to join our team!
Apply today! We look forward to hearing from you! Just click the link to be taken to our Pathway careers page and apply.